Job Description: Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Status: Full time/Exempt
Position Overview: The Sales Manager creates channel and/or territory specific sales strategies, plans, and tactics and
drives sales into those channels and/or territories. Channels and territories will be specified by Sales Director and CEO.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Works with Director of Sales to determine channel/territory sales objectives, strategy, tactics and creates
annual sales plans.
- Prepares and presents sales reports for Director of Sales, CEO and other stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing department and Director of Sales to develop channel/territory collateral
and communications content.
- Monitor key sales pre-contract deadlines for larger projects.
- Manages incoming leads through to completion with timely and professional customer communications.
- Tracks and follows up on all leads and customer communications through CRM system.
- Identifies new sales opportunities through networking, prospecting, and attending tradeshows.
- Develops relationships with prospects, clients, vendors, distributors, architects and general contractors.
- Uses consultative selling techniques to identify client needs and presents product options using
features/benefits and closes sales.
- Performs cost estimation and creates proposals for custom projects and others as needed.
- Creates and delivers sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Works with Marketing Manager and Director of Sales to identify trade show and other event opportunities.
- Works closely with the Director of Design and Director of Sales to provide recommendations on product and
configurations to clients.
- Represents Eldorado Climbing in the industry.
- Coordinates custom project handoff meetings to ensure seamless transitions from sales to project
- Assists Project Management in determining pricing of Change Orders.
- Assists clients in resolving any customer service issues that arise.
- Attend trade shows and industry events.
- Perform other tasks as determined by Director of Sales.
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years in customer service and sales management with proven success in (B2B) and (B2C) environment.
- Understanding and effective use of relationship building and consultative selling techniques.
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills. Must be driven, hardworking and a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Climbing industry knowledge and experience a plus.
- Construction knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Teams and CRM software.
- Ability travel up to 25%