Eldorado Climbing Walls’ Assistant Designer supports the Designer and Design Director by drafting drawings for shop fabrication. In addition to drafting, the Assistant Designer may also be responsible for creating custom climbing wall designs as well as assisting the Design Director in the development of new products. This is a full time salaried position.
Skills / Requirements
• BS or greater in Architecture or Engineering preferred
• Experience in drafting, engineering, industrial design, or other relevant field
• Proficiency in SketchUp and Solidworks
• Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat, Revit, Excel, and Google Docs/Spreadsheets is desirable
• General knowledge of structural engineering
• General knowledge of standard construction methods and materials
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple assignments simultaneously
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate design ideas through email, phone/web conferencing, and presentations
• Ability to travel occasionally (not to exceed 10% of work hours)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Works with the Designer to create fabrication and installation drawings for custom climbing wall designs.
• Creates CNC files for climbing wall panel production.
• Creates climbing wall panel layouts for installation drawings.
• Creates 3D models and rendering packages for outgoing proposals.
• Sources and gathers parts and materials needed for new products.
• Creates production drawings for prototypes.
• Administers new product testing.
• Represents Eldorado Climbing Walls in the industry.
• Performs other tasks as determined by the Designer and Design Director.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and creative portfolio with the position for which you are applying in the subject line to email@example.com