Inspections are key to minimizing risk
and protecting a major physical asset.
- Identify issues with the surface and framework of the wall as well as flooring and equipment.
- Provide insight into risk management, operations, and programming.
- Offer an opportunity to discuss possible wall, facility, operation, and programming improvements.
- Keep your facility in compliance with some insurance requirements and regional regulations.
The Climbing Wall Association (CWA) has established best-practice guidelines for inspections.
- The inspection should be conducted by an outside party.
- Outdoor walls should be inspected every 2 years minimum.
- Indoor walls should be inspected every 4 years minimum.